Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poems

WHAT I AM
I am curious and genuine
I wonder why the world is still here
I hear silence and hushed words
I see my mother happy and my grandma well
I want to give the last penny I have
I am curious and genuine

I imagine that Heaven will be better
I feel hurt then forgiving
I affect the people that surround me, not matter who
I worry that I will never experience the greatest power in the world
I cry because I am thankful for everything God has done for me
I am curious and genuine

I understand that my time on this planet is short
I say what I feel, and express it in every sentence
I dream that I will be able to rise above my mistakes, as well as others
I hope for the best, even though I know it is a wild hope
I am curious and genuine.

CYCLES
Rain pours down all of my limbs
And climbs back up my spine;
The cold tingles, while heat courses.
My mind is racing, in the middle of my heart.

Rain turns to hail,
Which pelts me, and bruises me
Like I am a statue in the middle of a field.

Hail turns to fire,
Magnificent and bright,
Shimmering in all of its splendor.
The cycle began, and it ended.
Now I am filled with bitterness and
Joy from the rain's demise
To it's start all over again.

-Chelisa (written by me)

Comment all you like, doesn't matter if it's harsh. I'm used to that.

Chelisa

1 comment:

Chardmeraz said...

love the poem and your blog page.