Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Noble Act

I just had gotten on the internet about forty-five minutes ago, and my internet screensaver is Yahoo! So, when I saw something about Hillary Clinton, at first I wasn't all that interested because I'm not into politics really. Then I read that "The anticipation over Sen. Hillary Clinton's speech Tuesday night was as high as her pantsuit was orange."

So, I read some more, and I got this from http://www.npr.org/: "Hillary Clinton is urging all of her supporters to get behind Barack Obama. In a prime-time speech Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, Clinton told the delegates, "No way, no how, no McCain." That line drew applause from Obama, who was watching with supporters in Montana."

I was intrugued more, so I checked out the speech. And, I have to admit, it's pretty moving. It got me listening.

Click here to listen to Hillary Clinton's speech.

I wanted Hillary to be in the running for president because of her talk about healthcare, and providing more for our country. But, even though she dropped out of the race, I do support Barack Obama, because I believe he could lead us somewhere different that where Bush led us. I'm not very good at politics, like I told you, because I never really listened to them, so, this Hillary Clinton thing was more about interest, and I wanted to share it.

Thanks!

Chelisa

No comments: